Direct Report | Communications Director
Mission of The Mount // For one more we Gather, Invite, Give, and Volunteer.
Profile of The Mount // The Mount Church was founded in 1907 in Stafford Virginia when there weren’t any paved roads! Started by just a few families, the Mount has grown to over 3000 in attendance across 3 physical locations and a campus online. The Mount Church is a growing multi-ethnic church that has been called to make a difference for one more.
Overview // We are looking for a talented Social Media Manager to work with The Mount Creative Team to curate multiple social media accounts, while assisting with managing communications content across all digital platforms.
The Social Media/Content Manager should be up-to-date with the latest digital and social technologies, algorithms and trends. They should have excellent communication skills, digitally share The Mount with creativity to ensure high levels of web traffic and customer engagement. They ensure The Mount’s social media presence reflects its values and brand and also helps keep all communications content fresh.
- Research and apply knowledge to ensure current benchmark trends and audience preferences are met.
- Coordinate, design and implement social media strategy to align with The Mount’s social media objectives.
- Ideate, write, publish and share engaging content on a predetermined schedule as well as spontaneously when events or information requires.
- Engage with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Oversee account profiles (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and information.)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, new platforms, new trends and more.
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
- Set key performance indicators (KPIs) for social media campaigns, such as targets for a certain number of shares or likes and measuring a campaign’s performance against the KPIs
- Create original content, as well as coordinate with the Creative Team for graphic images and video content.
- Be available for events, Sunday experiences and more where social media presence is required.
- Collaborate with other teams, Outreach, Students, Kids and more to ensure brand consistency.
- Update Events on website, app and all other required platforms.
- Coordinate with our database team to update information for online platforms.
- Distribute printed and promotional materials to the appropriate ministry areas.
- Gather and load all digital slide support for Sunday morning services at all campuses, including host time and loop slides.
- Monitor all communication content for out of date information.
- Utilize ASANA to track tasks, communicate with team members and update status on orders.
- Must have and maintain a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Relevant marketing experience (Social Media and Brand Strategy)
- Understand how to optimize content based on platform
- Excellent copywriting skills – ability to write in the voice of The Mount.
- Visual Intelligence – an aesthetic and knowledge of design and video that aligns with The Mount’s creative brand.
- Ability to deliver creative content and/or work with a team to obtain needed content.
- Proficient in Spreadsheet Software including data analysis tools
- Customer service skills for engagement on posts and in messaging.
- Knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Analytical and multitasking skills
- Knowledge of DSLR cameras and Photoshop
- Familiar with web design and HTML