Full-Time | 40 hours
Direct Report | Executive Director of Creative Arts
Mission of The Mount // For one more we Gather, Invite, Give, and Volunteer.
Profile of The Mount // The Mount Church was founded in 1907 in Stafford Virginia when there weren’t any paved roads! Started by just a few families, the Mount has grown to over 3000 in attendance across 3 physical locations and a campus online. The Mount Church is a growing multi-ethnic church that has been called to make a difference for one more.
The Technical Director is a member of the Creative Arts Team at The Mount. This person is responsible for all of the technical details in the audio, video, and lighting for the weekend experience, with an emphasis in audio engineering. The Technical Director manages all AVL equipment, including the purchase, maintenance, organization, and operation of all AVL equipment for all locations. The Technical Director is a high-capacity team builder that values equipping people to develop their gifts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- This person must have strong interpersonal skills and should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large. They should follow the Biblical model of sacrifice by being willing to put the needs of others in front of their own. In all of their actions, they should be positive and supporting of the Core Values and the Vision of The Mount. Manages the Technical Department and staff for all Mount campuses
- Recruits, equips, spiritually shepherds, and provides leadership to the AVL volunteer teams
- Serves on the Creative Arts Leadership Team as the visionary and keeper of values for the Technical Arts ministry
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Requires strong knowledge of AVL systems and experience in live production. Multisite operation systems including camera operation, switching (Ross Ultrix Carbonite), multisite video distribution (Resi), LED panel configurations for video, digital audio networking (Dante) theatrical lighting (Vista by Croma-Q), audio (Yamaha PM and CL series, Midas Pro series, Waves LV-1), audio post-production (capture and mixing in Logic, ProTools, etc.),
- Oversee all technical production elements related to main worship services and ministry programs (not necessarily fill a position) making sure positions assigned on all campuses are filled and executed with excellence. This includes:
- Audio 1 & A 2 Engineers (Front-of-house, Monitors), Lighting, Stage Crew, Camera Operators, Directors, etc.
- Think through production details to ensure smooth musical, technical and stage transitions, and work through appropriate channels to address issues. Review Planning Center service plans, ensuring all production elements are noted and communicated clearly with necessary teams.
- Manages all technical staff – full time, part time, contract, and all campus Technical Directors
- Manages all technical operations including system design, integration, upgrade, purchase and maintenance of systems at all campuses
- Manages all technical/production-based budgets
- Oversees design, purchase, and build-out of all portable tech systems
- Visits satellite campuses for weekend services from time to time
- Attends and actively participates in Arts Staff, Arts Leadership Team and Production meetings
- Partners with the programming team to fulfill the artistic vision and technical support required of creative elements within the services
- Participates in the production, execution, and review of services and events.
- Provide capture and post-production of audio for certain video shoots and online services
- Promotes and lives out the core values of the worship ministry which states that the arts team embraces, engages, and actively ministers to the culture in which the church staff lives
- Provides support for all church ministries within the limits of equipment, scheduling, and policies of the church
- Purchases new equipment within the budget of the ministry as needed
- Records all sermons, special messages, and other services as requested within the limits of the equipment and policies of the church
- Maintains and repairs all technical equipment church wide
Creative Planning Team
- Helps coordinate and assist the worship service by regularly meeting with Creative Arts leadership and advising in areas of worship experience effectiveness
- This position is eligible for a full-time salary and all full-time benefits
- Works 40 hours per week
- Days off are Friday and Saturday each week