Full-Time | 40 Hours per week
Direct Report | Creative Arts Pastor
Mission of The Mount // For one more we Gather, Invite, Give, and Volunteer.
Profile of The Mount // The Mount Church was founded in 1907 in Stafford Virginia when there weren’t any paved roads! Started by just a few families, the Mount has grown to over 3000 in attendance across 3 physical locations and a campus online. The Mount Church is a growing multi-ethnic church that has been called to make a difference for one more.
Responsibilities // The primary responsibility of the Communications Director is to lead in the creation of materials, systems, and strategies for all church communications. The broad scope includes announcements, social media, video production, web presence, print materials, external and internal promotions, and more. The Communications Director also coordinates the planning, implementing, and evaluating of the church’s communications efforts as a way to relate the church’s mission to reach For One More. This includes but is not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Creative Arts Pastor and team to identify priorities and determine direction for communications efforts based on the church’s yearly calendar, goals, and initiatives.
- Lead in social media and web presence strategy development and implementation and assist with producing digital content.
- Collaborate across various ministry areas to create communications plans, produce communications materials and content, and support event promotion and other needs.
- Identify and capture compelling personal stories from within the church and integrate the communication of those stories.
- Establish standards and guidelines for the development and use of the The Mount brand.
- Create a strategy for the timing and nature of information to be communicated and share the strategy with staff.
- Ensure high-quality and high-impact communications are created for internal and external audiences.
- Recruit, train, lead, and develop coordinators, assistants, and volunteers to help implement communications strategies.
- Provide innovative consultation on the best communications practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exhibit a strong commitment to the Christian faith and making disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Leader, big-picture planner, ministry partner, coach and motivator.
- Able to exercise discernment and wise judgement.
- Strong grammar and writing skills are non-negotiable.
- Is familiar with ASANA, Google docs, Google Sheets, Planning Center, Web site admin and app admin.
- Strong attention to detail and an eye for excellence.
- Possesses creative problem-solving abilities and strong administrative skills.
- Able to think strategically to capture the vision of ministry leaders when developing communications.
- While not specifically related to the job, here are some personal responsibilities of everyone on staff at The Mount.
- Maintain God-ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
- Give at least 10% of your income toward the mission and vision of The Mount.
- Be loyal to the vision and staff of The Mount and always protect the unity of the church.
- Demonstrate a Christ-like attitude through all interactions with congregation, staff, and volunteers.
- Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come toThe Mount.
- Attend worship services at The Mount, and be prepared to serve on Sunday mornings.